Terms for photography posting
- You grant to Boden and its parent company and/or related entities the right to use your photograph, name, likeness and other submissions including (but not limited to) those you have tagged on social media with @boden_clothing or @bodenclothing, (and when tagged in conjunction with #bodenbyme, #miniboden, #bodenclothing, #boden or any other hashtags that relate to the Boden brand) and those which you have manually uploaded using our upload tool on our website in perpetuity and for any marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, including but not limited to use on www.boden.com, other boden websites, email and the Boden clothing social media pages. Boden may use, reproduce, distribute, alter and/or edit in any manner it chooses in its sole discretion.
- You are responsible for the content of any photos that you post.
- You certify to Olapic that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Any photo you post will be available to anyone with access to our website or social media sites.
- For your own protection and that of the rights of others you are advised not to post personal information about yourself or others within your photos e.g home address; home telephone number; mobile etc.
- Posting of confidential information is prohibited. If you are aware that or think that your photo may include confidential information then do not post it.
- You may not use your photo to advertise commercial businesses and services.
- Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and requests for money are prohibited.
- This is for individual use only. Companies or corporations may not post photos, nor should individuals use the site to promote organisations with whom they have a professional connection.
- Boden will choose which photographs it wishes to use. By posting a photograph, there is no guarantee that Boden will choose to use it.
- Photos should not attack, intimidate or invade the privacy of other people.
- Please do not post photos of anyone without their permission (or, if they include children, without the child’s parent or guardian’s permission).
- Do not to post any material which may be discriminatory or cause offence on the grounds of an individual's sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, working status (part-time, fixed term).
- You may not post any material or links to any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening or otherwise in violation of the law.
- Olapic, Inc. (“Olapic”) provides social content management services (the “Services”) for Boden.
- Olapic facilitates the direct upload of user photos, text, graphics, audio, video, location information and comments (“User Content” or “User Generated Content”) to websites and other digital properties operated by Boden, as well as the collection of User Content from social media sites on behalf of Boden.
- You own the copyright to the material you post but you agree to grant us perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to publish your entry on any media.
- You agree that you will not use this forum to post any copyright material which is not your own without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- We reserve the right to remove photographs for any user who persistently breaks these rules.
If you wish to make a complaint regarding a photograph i.e. that it is objectionable, in breach of copyright or otherwise in breach of these Rules then please contact us at email@example.com. If a formal complaint is made against you, we reserve the right to refuse to further posts from you. While Boden has control over its own gallery, where a photograph is posted on third party sites (eg social media) it may be out of Boden’s control whether or not it can require the removal of a photograph. In such cases, you will need to contact the third party website directly.
Photographs posted to this site are those of the individual and in no way represent the views of JP Boden & Co. Limited. We reserve the right to remove any photograph for any reason whatsoever in our sole discretion.
Method 1 – Social Media submission.
Users can tag a photo of themselves wearing Boden (at least one item of clothing) with one of our brand handles mentioned in their copy (@boden_clothing on Instagram and @bodenclothing on Twitter). This may be used in conjunction with (but not limited to) the following hashtags; (#bodenbyme, #miniboden, #boden #bodenclothing or any other hashtags that relate to the Boden brand).
Use of the Boden handle will pull images in to Olapic’s approval tool and images that abide to the brand guidelines will be collected. Boden will then post a comment to that piece of social media content asking for the user to agree to these terms and conditions. The user must comment back on the same piece of content with the hashtag ‘#YesBoden’as requested in Boden’s comment. Once the user has approved this rights request, the content will be available for Boden to use as stipulated above.
If published, the users’ social handle will become their username and their profile photo will be made public. Visitors will be able to click on the profile image or username to be taken to view the users’ social account.
Method 2 – Manual upload
Users can go to the Boden site and click to upload their own #BodenByMe image by clicking ‘add a photo’. They will be steered through a process of uploading an image from their photo library or social channel.
They will then be led to register their name and email or sign in via a social channel in order for us to assign them a username.
In the same process as with the handle use, the image will then pull into our approval tool. If published live, the username will be displayed publically.
If you are an Influencer who works with Boden in a professional capacity (e.g the gifting of products or commissioned content), your handle may be whitelisted so that you do not need to manually give Boden rights approval to each image (via the use of #YesBoden as explained above). Should you prefer not to be whitelisted, please email your Boden contact to request this.