For all transactions, exclusions apply (see below)*
For orders made directly through Boden, we operate a no–quibble returns policy and if you return an item within 3 months of receipt, we’ll give you back the amount you paid for the item*.
365 Day Returns
After our standard 3 month return period, until the first anniversary of your order arriving, you can return anything that does not meet your naturally high quality expectations (things like wear and tear are included, though garments that have been mauled by pets, drawn on by nephews, worn while decorating and so forth, don't qualify). So, if you're not happy, we will give you the option of exchanging your item or receiving account credit for the amount you paid. Should anything spring a fault in the first 6 months, we will, of course, give you your money back.
- When returning goods which you bought using a discount or offer, we will adjust the refund accordingly if you fall below the discount/offer threshold, as that discount or offer will no longer apply.
- Swimwear (where the hygiene strips have been removed) and earrings (where the internal packaging seal has been broken) are non-refundable for hygiene reasons, unless they are actually faulty.
- Cowshed products - if the product has been used or the seal has been broken then the whole set is non-refundable.
- Face covering products - we aren’t able to accept returns for any opened packages, due to hygiene reasons.
Although we hope you love your order, there may be times when you need to return items to us. To do so, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the returns form that came with your order and enclose it in your parcel with the item(s) you’re sending back, using the original packaging. If you no longer have the form, please refer to 'Lost your returns form?' for more information. If you bought the item from one of our shops, remember to include your receipt in lieu of the returns form.
2. Attach the self-adhesive address label (enclosed with your order) securely to your parcel and follow the instructions included with the label. If you no longer have the label, please refer to 'Lost your returns label?' for further information.
3. Make sure you get a receipt and code for tracking your parcel online. We’ll pop you an email as soon as your return has been processed. Please allow up to 14 days from the date of posting.
4. For international returns, please see 'How do I return an international order?'
You can (if you like) let us know that you are going to send back the item by filling in and sending us the cancellation form found here, but it is not necessary to do so.
For more information, please refer to our returns policy.
Don’t despair! You can print a copy of your order from your online account. Alternatively, a note with the following information will do:
1. Your name, address, and phone number.
2. Your order number.
3. Item code(s) and reason for the return(s).
4. Whether you would like a refund or an exchange. Sorry, but we’re temporarily unable to offer exchanges on all orders. Please return your item(s) for a refund and place a new order.
You are welcome to request a UK free returns label via web chat, or through our contact us page. Have your order number to hand and let us know if you would like a Hermes label emailed to you (printer required), or a Royal Mail label sent by post. It’s as simple as that!
Please address your return to:
Boden Returns Department
It can take up to 14 days for a returned parcel to reach us, from the date it was sent back. Don’t worry though, as we will pop you an email when your return is completed. Any refund processed to a credit or debit card will appear on your statement within 5 working days from the date it was processed.
If you don’t hear from us within 14 days of sending your items back, please contact us with your order number and the details about which items you sent back. Our friendly advisors will then see what they can do for you.
Your offer will still apply, unless all of your items are returned, or you no longer qualify for the promotion (as outlined in the offer T&C’s). This is the same for any gift vouchers. However, if you used a promotional voucher and all items are returned, this will be deducted from your refund.
If you return your item for an exchange, your offer will be carried over to your new order (please note we cannot exchange items paid with Paypal).
Certainly, but please ensure that the correct paperwork for each order is enclosed in your returns parcel. It would be really helpful if each order can be separated, so that it’s clear which items belong to which order.
When returning your parcel, make sure you get a receipt and code for tracking your parcel online (via the carrier’s website). We’ll pop you an email as soon as your return has been processed. Please allow up to 14 days from the date of posting.
Please just send your returns to:
Boden Returns Department
Free returns are not currently available outside of the UK. The good news is, if you live in one of the countries listed below, we’ve made returns easier and cheaper through our partner, ReBOUND.
Reasons to choose ReBound:
- Completely stress-free: 93% of customers found ReBOUND 'very easy to use'
- Tracking on all return parcels, so they won't get lost at sea
- A 43% saving: on average, compared to your local post office
- One fixed price for returns - no matter how big your parcel is (full list below)
How do I return through ReBound?
1. Enter your order number
2. Select your return option
3. Complete payment - in your local currency
4. Print the returns label, attach it to your order and take it to the location you selected.
Country Tracked Post Parcel Shop
Items bought directly from Boden (either in-store or online) can be returned to our shops or by post.
Returning to a Boden shop
If bought in one of our shops, please bring your receipt and we can refund you there and then! If your order was placed online, we will forward your item(s) on to our warehouse, who will then process your return.
In line with the new government guidelines, we’ll be closing our shops from Wednesday 4th November. If you’d like to return something you bought in one, please head to the ‘How do I return my order?’ section. We look forward to welcoming you back into our shops as soon as it is safe to do so.
Returning by post
For instructions on how to return shop bought items to our warehouse, please refer to 'How do I return my order?' Make sure you get a receipt and code for tracking your parcel online. Please allow up to 14 days from the date of posting.
Please see our returns policy for more information.
Items bought from a John Lewis concession, or Next (and other third parties) can only be returned to one of their stores.
Items bought from a Boden shop, or online, can be taken to a Waitrose store. There are a small number of Waitrose stores that cannot accept Boden returns, please see the list below:
- Waitrose Wallbrook
- Waitrose Kings Cross Station (Euston Rd, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AP)
- Waitrose Kingston
- Waitrose Horsham
- Waitrose Ipswich (Crane Blvd, Ipswich IP3 9SQ)
- Channel Island Waitrose stores
- Welcome Break sites