Women's Size Charts
To help you choose the best size, please use the size guidelines below. If you have any questions about the sizes of clothes, please call our Customer Service Department on 0844 873 0000.
How to Measure guidelines
- Taming your tape measure: We want your clothes to feel comfortable, so no need to pull your tape measure too tight. It’s often easier for someone else to get the tape measure in the right place, so try measuring with a friend.
- Bust: Place the tape measure under your arms, over your shoulder blades and across the fullest part of your bust. Remember to breathe out first.
- Waist: Measure around your natural waist. You can find it by bending to the side like a teapot (singing is optional).
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of the leg, at about 20cm/8 inches below your natural waist.
Waist position guide:
When working out which size to order, always measure
your natural waist. All our skirts are designed to fit the natural waist unless
otherwise stated. Trousers will be described in one of the following two ways:
- Natural waist,
- Below natural waist – which means about 4.5cm (1½ inches) below your natural waist.
PETITE SIZING: We haven't just trimmed a bit off the hem. We've proportionately shortened through the garment.
- Bust, waist and hip: measurements remain unchanged
- Neck to bust point or waist: shorter by about 1"/2.5cm
- Overarms: shorter by up to 1½/4cm on a full length sleeve
- Trousers: hip and knee positions have been shortened
And we've cleverly tweaked features to make sure everything feels in proportion. For example neck depths, zip lengths, collar and applique sizes.
|We recommend||Petite (P) Available in selected styles & sizes||Regular (R)||Long (L)|
|Skirts & Dresses
length from waist
|2"/5cm shorter||–||3"/7.5cm longer|
|As a guide the hem length descriptions of our skirts and dresses are based on where we expect the Regular hem to fall on someone who is 5'5"/165cm, Long length on someone 5'8"/178cm tall, and Petite on someone 5'2"/157cm. The length you choose will depend on your height and whether you want to wear flats or heels.|
|Bust: cm||up to 82||82-86||87-90||91-94||95-99||100-104||105-110||111-116||117-123|
|Chest "||up to 32||32-33½||34-35½||36-37||37½-39||39½-41||41½-43||43½-45½||46-47|
|Waist cm||up to 64||64-68||69-72||73-76||77-81||82-87||88-93||94-99||100-105|
|Waist "||up to 25||25-26½||27-28||28½-30||30½-32||32½-34||34½-36½||37-39||40-42|
|Hip cm||up to 85||85-89||90-94||95-99||100-104||105-110||111-116||117-122||123-128|
|Hip "||up to 33½||33½-35||35½-37||37½-39||39½-41||41½-43||43½-45½||46-48||49-51|
|Shoes & Boots|
|To fit waist/hips||27-34½||30-36||32-38||35-41||38½-44½|
|Swimwear - Cup size measurements|
|Recommended bra size||32A||34A||32C/34B||34C/36B||34D/36C||36D|
- Colour fastness: We have huge demand for garments that have a more casual lived in appearance. To achieve this in some garments, including jeans, we use pigment dyes. These dyes sit on the surface of the fabric and are designed to be less fixed and to fade with washing and wear. We advise customers to wash these garments separately before their first outing. If not washed, it is likely they will shed some colour., and for the first few wears care should be taken to avoid combining them with, sitting or rubbing against other light coloured garments, accessories and upholstery.